DemDaily: The Inner Circle
February 1, 2021
Biden and Harris are in the house!
The 46th President and his Vice President are settled in the White House, along with the senior staff and advisors that make up their inner circle -- those that will help guide the country at the highest levels for the next four years.The Corridors of Power
West Wing, First Floor
1) President Joe Biden
2) Vice President Kamala Harris
3) Ron Klain, Chief of Staff
4) Steve Ricchetti, Counselor to the President
5) Mike Donilon, Senior Advisor to the President
6) Jake Sullivan, National Security Advisor
7) Anita Dunn, Senior Advisor to the President
8) Kate Bedingfield, Communications Director
9) Jen Psaki, Press Secretary
10) Annie Tomasini, Director of Oval Office Operations
11) Stephen Goepfert, Personal Aide to the President
12) Bruce Reed, Deputy Chief of Staff
13) Jen O'Malley Dillon, Deputy Chief of Staff
Additional: Jon Finer, Principal Deputy National Security Advisor
West Wing, Second Floor
14) Dana Remus, While House Counsel
15) Cedric Richmond, Director of the
Office of Public Engagement
16) Adrian Saenz, Deputy Director of the
Office of Public Engagement
17) Susan Rice, Director of the Domestic Policy Council
18) Jeff Zients, Coordinator of the COVID-19 Response and Counselor to the President
Julie Rodriguez, Director of Inter-Governmental Affairs
Louisa Terrell, Director of the Office Legislative Affairs
Chris Slevin, Deputy Director of the Office of Legislative Affairs
Brian Deese, Director of the National Economic Council
Evan Ryan, Cabinet Secretary
The Office of the First Lady, which is located in the East Wing, is also part of the Executive Office of the President. Dr. Biden's operation is headed by Chief of Staff Julissa Reynoso Pantaleón and Senior Advisor Anthony Bernal.
The Office of the Vice President, which also provides staffing and support to the Second Gentleman of the United States, is primarily housed in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB), next door to the White House.
Vice President Harris also has an office in the West Wing, the U.S. Capitol, and in the vice president's official residence at the United States Naval Observatory. Harris' staff of 20+ is headed by the Chief of Staff Tina Flournoy.
White House Staff
In addition to the power players in the West and East Wings, there are a few hundred staffers who work at a number of offices in the White House and the EEOB.
A PBS breakdown of publicly-released names found that approximately 40% of the staffers are women of color, about 20% are African Americans and roughly another 20% are Hispanic. Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders make up about 12% of all White House staffers and LGBTQ appointees account for 11% of all White House staff.
DemList will keep you informed.
Related: DemDaily: Rounding Out The Cabinet 1/12/21
Connecting you to The Party
Connecting you to Each Other
Sources: Politico, WhiteHouse.gov, DailyMail UK, PBS