The Credentials Committee is responsible for resolving questions and unresolved disputes about the seating of delegates and alternates to the Convention.
- Jurisdiction over credentials challenges not resolved by the DNC Rules & Bylaws Committee 57 days before the Convention, or challenges filed after that date.
- Issues a report that is considered as the first item of business at the National Convention.
The Platform Committee presents the draft National Platform to the Convention.
- Reviews a draft Platform prepared by the Platform Drafting Committee.
- Recommends the Democratic Party's National Platform for approval by the Convention delegates.
The Rules Committee is responsible for recommending the rules for the convention, rules of the Party and other convention business.
- Recommends individuals to serve as the Permanent Officers of the Convention, including the Chair, Secretary and Co-Chairs.
- Issues a report that is considered as the second item of business at the National Convention.
- The report includes the committee's recommendations on the following matters: the Convention agenda, the Permanent Rules of the Convention, Amendments to Party Rules, and resolutions on any matter not addressed by other standing committees.
There may not be any more formal debates scheduled in the primary, but the behind-the-scenes debates continue...