Convention Central: Policy is Popular
There will be 400+ events at the Democratic Convention in Philadelphia. While the number is comparable to Charlotte in 2012, the focus for many has shifted.
At 10 days out there are over 160 events on the DemList Convention Calendar -- ranging from caucuses, delegation breakfasts, media and corporate parties, to forums, concerts, celebrity and high-donor party events. A full 35% of those are devoted to policy or an issues agenda.
One of the more substantive policy events will be the American Sustainable Business Council's (ASBC) Policy Forum on the Business Case for a Sustainable Economy.
ASBC has put together a timely agenda and prominent panel, including Eileen Fisher, Founder and Chairwoman, Eileen Fisher, Michael Eckhart, Managing Director, Citigroup and Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-founder, B Lab, among others.
A Reception will follow to
meet the speakers & rub
elbows with special guests.
Agenda & Panels
Business Strategies for Building High Road Economy
Responsible Capital - Investing in a Prosperous America
Environmental Stewardship and Clean Energy
What: A Policy Forum & Interactive Discussion with national and Philadelphia-area business leaders, policy makers, the media and DNC delegates -- to examine the ways that America can benefit from a focus on sustainability.
ASBC Policy Forum
When: Tuesday, July 26th 9:30am-12:30pm
Where: Azavea Corporation
990 Spring Garden Street
5th Floor, Philadelphia
When: Tuesday July 26th 4:00pm-6:00pm
Where: Pyramid Club
1735 Market Street
52nd Floor, Philadelphia
* Denise Bowyer, Vice President, American Income Life
* Michael Eckhart, Managing Director, Citigroup
* Richard Eidlin, Co-Founder & Vice President, ASBC
* Eileen Fisher, Founder and Chairwoman, Eileen Fisher
* Jamie Gauthier, Executive Director, Sustainable Business Network
* Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-founder, B Lab
* Matthew Patsky, CEO, Trillium Asset Management
* Kelly Ryan, CEO, Incourage Community Foundation
* Marilyn Waite, Senior Manager, Village Capital
* Howard Williams, Vice President, Construction Specialties
Registration: Free @
*Open to the Public and Media
The American Sustainable Business Council